Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Ladies Side ~Resolved~

I'm not sure if this will always be some sort of "confessional" or not, but this post is going to be.

I want to be perfectly clear, that I am NOT a perfect parent. I totally lost it this week. I personally think that the devil decided to "turn up the heat" around here and when he did- I failed miserably. You know though, I was able to look at my failure and ask myself how I could have done better. I asked the child involved to forgive me, and better than that, I asked the Lord to forgive me and help to change me. I remember at one point during the week, saying to David, with tears and snot a streaming, that I did not want to be that person, that I refused to be that way ever again. And you know what, I meant it. I felt something within me, as I read this week, change. I became resolved.

The words from our reading this week echoed in my mind: "This is about what you will do, what you will become by God's grace from this day forward. This is the Resolution for WOMEN. More specifically, one woman. You." It was because of God's grace that I was able to find forgiveness when I failed so miserably. It was God's grace that helped me get up from falling and start again. It was God's grace that held my hand while I apologized to my child for losing my temper. And it is God's grace that continually helps me to daily be resolved in my choices.

Ladies, we gave ourselves the pat on the back, we've high-fived each other, but now it's time to become Resolved.

I can't wait to see all of you on Wednesday night...I can't wait to see how the Lord is going to change us and make us to be more like Him as we decide to choose His ways and not our own.

Love & Blessings,
Theresa

0 comments:

Post a Comment